Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Nothing Fits Him


So my kids watch this show on Netflix called "Bo on the Go."  There was an episode on the other day where there was a poor little character called "The Nothing Fits Him."  Bo had to try and help this guy find something to wear so that he would stop taking everybody's clothes.  

I have to say, sometimes I feel just like "The Nothing Fits Him."  I don't take peoples clothes, but I buy clothes in the size I want to be and realize they don't fit!  

I'm on the straight and narrow of clean eating and exercising, but sometimes it can be depressing to think that it's gonna take time to get unwanted pounds off.  Especially after having a baby.  I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit.  I change my outfits a billion times because nothing feels comfortable. 

Yesterday, was one of those days.  I was at the gym working my butt off and thinking about how I still miss In N Out Burger, while total babes with bodies I wish I had, walked right by me.  Sometimes when I'm at the gym working out like a beast, I think I look just like those gym rats with perfect bods, but then I somehow get on the weight set next to them in front of a mirror and realize how not even close I am!

I even took a picture of myself in the mirror, at the gym, in the moment of feeling defeated. Right after some girl with a figure winning body finished her squats right next to me.  This is just for you: 





I haven't had much of a victory yet.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm nursing.  I seriously feel like nursing is comparable to hibernation.  When bears hibernate, they store up a whole bunch of fat to keep them warm and keep their bodies satisfied for the winter.  When mother's breastfeed, we keep fat on us so that we can produce straight up cream to fatten up our babies!  Okay, that's not a fact, but that's what I tell myself.  Either way, the scale has pretty much stayed the same and sometimes it discourages me.  But I'm not going to give up!  I'm going to keep my commitment and keep logging my goals on my chart on my bathroom wall.  I WILL have toned arms and I WILL get rid of my love handles no matter how long it takes! Alright, I feel better.  

Here is a good link I wanted to share.  Tosca Reno is a clean eating author.  I found a link from her books that has perfect "how to's"  for anyone else who is interested in a clean eating life style.  


I also strongly recommend watching "Hungry for Change" on Netflix.  This documentary is very educational and extremely motivating. 

Here's to a new week of goals, challenges and hopefully...a VICTORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment